Tonight at about 11pm when I was cleaning the boys’ bath out with Dettol I caught myself asking myself – “Have I actually achieved anything in the past 8 months of maternity leave?” Yes, I know I’ve been raising a two-year old and a newborn for the past few months, but aside from just trying to get through each day with the babies in tact and my sanity relatively together, I don’t think I have actually achieved any of my outstanding goals.
To date, my ‘errands/internal admin’ to -do -list looks a little like this at the moment
NOTE – no particular order here!! :
- arrange head boards for master bedroom and Aiden’s bedroom
- tidy grocery cupboard
- tidy walk in closet
- tidy boys’ bedroom cupboards and change table drawers
- paint the canvases for Jon Jon’s room
- develop photos of the past few months
- email photos of the boys over the past few months
- take photo of Jon Jon in bassinet before it gets put away
- replace cushions and throws on couches
- chuck/pack away clothes that we no longer wear or are too big or small
- book mom and dad’s anniversary weekend in June 2010
- MOP FLOORS DOWNSTAIRS – I am typing this blog post instead of sleeping or mopping – so overdue
- Phone work to discuss return to work strategy – am scheduled to return on 20 July 2010 – Crikey that freaks me out – can’t believe it’s been almost 1 year – how is that actually possible????
- put together wish list of items I need for my dream home that’s been in my head for a few weeks now!
So basically, the above list needs to be completed before I go to work – oh, and I forgot about all the laundry that needs to be washed and folded downstairs, but that is part of the short-term list. Wish my mind wasnt so occupied with such mundane stuff!