Most nights I am exhausted come 8pm but I still really really feel the need to go out. Why? This probably has a lot to with the fact that I got married really really young (24!) and did not go out at night at all before we had kids.
So now on any given night I will go for any excuse to get out the house, Supermarket shopping, chemist anything just to break free. Not sure why this need for emancipation is so strong but yet I am dying to get out the house for a drink most nights.
Funny thing is all my single girl friends are always “too tired” to go out (PS> I have it when people without small babies tell me they’re tired, they don’t know the meaning of the word tired!)
Also, I have to go the most exclusive newest hippest places in Sydney on a Saturday night as I figure it’s a waste to go see a movie when you’re paying $20 an hour for a babysitter (that’s another Blog Post altogether!! “The Lucrative Business of Babysitting, uni students to registered nurses – how they are taking the entire market and we mothers have no choice”)
So my favourites at the moment are:
- The Ivy – the Ivy Pool in the city (Lance refuses to go back there as he can’t understand why anyone would want to pay $30 to drink out of a cup that our 2-year-old drinks out of!)
- White Revolver And Cream Tangerine (close enough to rush home if I need to b.feed the baby and come back again!)
- Ravesis – classy and close
- The Beach Road (I used to come here during the day in the summer with the babies!)
- Coles/Woolworths/Petrol Station/Pharmacy (these are defaults for weeknights if I just need a break and change of scenery)
Last Sat night we went to Icebergs – have a thirty something B-day party this sat night – can’t wait! xxx